Saturday, January 21, 2012

Taking Advantage of Some Quiet Time...

On the homefront...


Here it is the weekend again but something is different this time. We didn't wake up to kids running around or arguing about who is going to watch what cartoon on the television. We actually were able to sleep in this morning past 7:00! Why you say? Well, let me tell you. When you have foster children in your home, you are given some time off that is called "respite". This means that if you can find someone who is licensed through the foster care system to provide care for foster children, you, as their full-time foster parents, can get some time away from the children to refresh and regroup. We have not utilized this time for over 6 months.


My husband's birthday was earlier this month and we were not able to go out or do anything to celebrate. We took the children to a respite provider's home last night and decided to go to one of our favorite little Greek restaurants. We had a fabulous dinner and some great wine. It was quiet, cozy, and relaxing. We came home to a quiet house and were able to relax for the rest of the evening. This morning, my husband is meeting up with his 20 year old son and they are going to see the new George Lucas movie, Red Tails. Tonight, I am taking my wonderful husband out to our favorite seafood place for his birthday.


We will be picking up the kids tomorrow afternoon, hopefully refueled and ready to go again.

Other yarny goodness...

It seems that I have had a lot of knitting time this week. I got more done on my Coastal Waters Cardigan and I am now working on the sleeves. I think I am going to really enjoy wearing this cardigan. I love the color and the all over cable pattern looks great!


I also received my Knitterati Sock Club package this week. I couldn't wait to start the sock pattern since it has been awhile since I've knit a sock other than a simple vanilla pattern. This is the first time I've done a short row heel and I think I really like it. It was pretty easy once I got into the wrap-and-turn routine.


I've had to put the breaks on a couple of my other projects and work on the ones that I really wanted to finish and wear soon since I'm gearing up for my final semester of nursing school.

This week also brough a great package from my Loopy Ewe swap partner. The theme this time was "Winter Wonderland" and I think she captured it perfectly along with all the things that I like. Thank you Kelly0706 for a great swap! She included some great coffees, a yummy chocolate bar, some pretty note cards, a beautiful shawl pin that has a very organic style (my favorite), a very pretty little bag that will be perfect for notions and what not, some beautiful yarn from Gale's Art (I love the colors!) and last but not least, a super soft, squishy, lacey cowl that is in one of my favorite colors!


Don't forget to leave a comment on the January 11th posting. Just answer either question for the contest and you might be picked the winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment